Western New York, Minnesota and New Brunswick Roots

Headstones

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 56» Next»     » Slide Show

Loading...



Entrance sign, St. Mary's Old Visitation Cemetery (Dickson City, PA)



Status: Located

Owner of originalfrom Find-A-Grave
File nameStMarysOldCem-sign-byJulieHeidemann.jpg
File Size265.2k
Dimensions1400 x 1100
Linked toSaint Mary's Old Visitation Cemetery, Dickson City, Lackawanna, Pennsylvania, United States

Saint Mary\'s Old Visitation Cemetery, Dickson City, Lackawanna, Pennsylvania, United States

Notes: Entrance is through private driveway from Pancoast St.
The first parish cemetery was a four-acre property on the lower left side of Pancoast Street, just above Rear Dundaff Street. The earliest tombstone in the cemetery dates back to 1871. The majority of tombs are from the 1870\'s through early 1910\'s.

In 1925 a seven-acre plot of land at the end of Pancoast Street (800 feet up the hill from the first cemetery) was donated by Paul and Catherine Prorok to be used as a new cemetery. The land was consecrated on the same day as the school cornerstone was blessed in 1925.


» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 56» Next»     » Slide Show